Enrollment is process registering device to EMM portal, later to be able to managed from EMM portal. Most of enrollment process will require QRCode as entry point but also can enroll with AFW Token. These are Vanguard enrollment method :
The QR code provisioning method allows administrators to enroll the corporate-owned Device (COBO), Employee Device (BYOD) and Work Profile Company Owned Devices (WPCOD) by scanning a QR code. The QR code contains automatic enrollment credentials and Wi-Fi payload. Administrators can also download and share the QR code to allow users to self-enroll their devices.
- Available for Android for Work account and Google account users.
- The device must Support Android 7.0 or above .
AFW token enrollment can enroll the corporate-owned Device (COBO), Employee Device (BYOD) and Work Profile Company Owned Devices (WPCOD). This enrollment method recommended to enroll devices running Android 6.0 or above versions . The major benefit with AFW token enrollment on Android is that devices which don’t support NFC can be provisioned as.
- The device must Support Android 6.0 or above .
- The device must be Google certified.
Vanguard also supports Android Zero Touch enrollment and Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME) for the simple enrollment process of corporate devices. This model ensures all configuration is delivered at device first boot or after device resetted. No need for the IT team to open the device from the box and set up each phone. These are vanguard seamless enrollment:
Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME) streamlines the initial setup and enrollment of corporate-owned Device (COBO). KME is the recommended tool when an enterprise requires bulk device enrollment with little configuration variance amongst the devices deployed, this setup is easier than building the JSON DPC Extras . KME portal handles most of this through the UI.
- A Samsung account.
- A Knox Portal account.
- Samsung Knox devices .
- An enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider supporting the Knox Mobile Enrollment program
- Permission to access Knox Mobile Enrollment features
Zero-touch enrollment is a streamlined process for Android devices to be provisioned for enterprise management. On first boot, devices check to see if they’ve been assigned an enterprise configuration. If so, the device initiates the fully managed device provisioning method and downloads the correct device policy controller app, which then completes setup of the managed device. Android zero-touch enrollment offers a seamless deployment method for corporate-owned Android devices making large scale roll-outs fast, easy and secure for organizations, IT and employees. Zero-touch makes it simple to configure devices online and have them shipped with enforced management so employees can open the box and get started.
- A device running Android Pie (9.0) or later*, a compatible device running Android Oreo (8.0), or a Pixel phone with Android Nougat (7.0).
- An enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider supporting fully managed devices
- A zero-touch account created by an authorized zero-touch reseller partner