Device password settings, if enabled, the device will apply a password according to the value set by the user according to the password criteria that have been set on the dashboard.
- To manage passwords, you can go to the menu Manager, then right click on the group to be managed then select Manage.
- Then the following screen will appear, then select the tab Main -> Device Password. On options Password Policy select the password criteria that will be used.
- No password requirements.
- Require biometric authentication.
- Any Passcode
- Require passcode with no specification.
- Require passcode with numeric characters.
- Numeric Complex
- Require passcode with numeric characters, no repetitive and ordered.
- Require passcode contain alphabetic (or symbol) characters.
- Require passcode contain at least a letter, and a numerical digit
- Require passcode contain at least a letter, a numerical digit and a special symbol.
Example using Numeric criteria
- Choose a password policy Numeric
- Password Enforcement Grace Periode (0-7) Days
- Numbers of days to enforce password policy before punishment given for incompliance. Punishment will be suspension of all applications. 0 = will enforce password policy immediately.
- History Length
- After setting this field, the user won't be able to enter a new password that is the same as any password in the history.
- Then press the Update button then a notification will appear on the device to create a password according to the criteria set on the dashboard.